You’re out on the road, and boom, a new idea comes to you, and you want to get it down to work on a little later. That’s where we think the iRig 2 guitar interface adapter comes in.
In the space of a minute, you can have your guitar hooked up, and route your guitar’s signal through to your phone or tablet (or even computer for that matter)… record a track, and even use your device as an amp modeler.
There are some professional musicians who’ve actually recorded their music on their smartphones for years. Take Steve Lacy, a Grammy nominated Hip-Hop Producer, who uses an iRig and Garageband on his iPhone. You can find out a bit more about Lacy in this interview he did with Wired
A bit about the iRig2:
Some of you may just be starting out, and looking for an inexpensive way to make music. Then this is certainly the answer. All the industry experts are singing its praises as having the sound and quality of a professional rig set up.
The techy stuff:
- The sequel to the best-selling iRig interface
- 1/4” instrument input for use with guitar, bass and other line instruments
- 1/4” amplifier output for use with an external amplifier without an adaptor
- 1/8” TRRS output for use with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Android
- 1/8” headphone output
- Compact and lightweight design
- Selectable dual-mode switch: FX and THRU
- Input gain thumbwheel for easy signal control
- Comes with microphone stand Velcro strip
- Comes with AmpliTube FREE for iOS (free download on the App Store) and AmpliTube FREE for Samsung Pro Audio (free download on Samsung Galaxy Store), and a full suite of powerful IK applications and software
It’s pretty practical when you think about it. I mean, let’s say you’re a university student, or living in shared accommodation, or similar; would you leave expensive equipment lying around? I mean, a loaf of bread would mysteriously disappear in my student digs. Not to mention the fact that you’d be lucky to get much more than a bed and desk into your typical dorm or rented room.
Then there are the kids. Whom you love dearly; until they’re within the strike zone of that brand new amp you bought the other week. They’re inquisitive, but you’re letting them nowhere near, until they’re a little older at least!
You finally get them to bed after another long day, and you just want to chill out, and play some music. This nifty little device takes the hassle out so you can plug and play, without the noise and hassle of setting up all your equipment first.
Your chance to win:
IK Multimedia have generously offered an iRig2 and we’re coupling that with a Vocalzone bundle for one lucky winner of this competition.
For your chance to win an iRig2 and Vocalzone bundle, simply like the post on our Facebook page, and complete this form, so that we know where to send your prize!
Entries close on Thursday 8th June 2017 and the winner will be announced on Facebook on the 9th.
You can pick up an iRig from most music stores, but it’s also available on the IK Multimedia website.